Flight with children
There are two age categories of children:
- children under 2 years of age – “Infant” (code INF)
- children from 2 to 12 years – “Child” (code CHD)
Depending on the category there are various discounts provided for a child when purchasing a ticket.
Usually for “Infant” the discount makes up 90% without a separate seat. If necessary for such a child you can book a separate seat, but then he turns into the next age category. That is a ticket for him will be issued at a discount of 33-50%.
For the child who is from 2 to 12 years, you can arrange a ticket with a 50% discount of the normal (full) fare. For special fares, such as “Apex”, “Pex”, etc., a 33% discount is usually used.
- Children under 2 years of age should be in the plane only accompanied by an adult. You can order a special “cradle” for them at the representative of your airline (but not later than 24 hours before the departure). If necessary, you can change a baby on board.
- Children over 12 years can travel unaccompanied. For the child to be kept “under supervision” all the time, you should fill in a special parent’s declaration and an application for transportation of an unaccompanied child at the airport. For children under 8 years travelling unaccompanied it is necessary to buy a ticket at full price. To order children supervision service, please contact the representative of the airline which services you are going to use.
Documents to ensure the right to travel abroad for minor citizens:
- Ukrainian passport for travelling abroad;
- A travel document for a child;
- Ukrainian passport for travelling abroad of one of the parents, with a record of the child who is accompanied by them;
- Birth certificate (children under 16 years) for travelling to Russia and for inhabitants of the border areas for travelling to Moldova and Belarus.
Moreover, travelling abroad for children under 16 years, is only allowed with the consent of both parents and when accompanied by them, or accompanied by persons authorized by them. Such consent is notarially issued in form of a statement addressed to the person who will accompany their child (children) on a foreign trip.
The State Customs Service of Ukraine