Items and substances that are prohibited for import / transportation:
- Audio and video materials
- Check-in of unaccompanied baggage
Import / transportation to Ukraine of the following is prohibited:
- vehicles, which by the time of import had been made 5 or more years earlier, for permanent use in the territory of Ukraine, for the purpose of sale, dismantlement of spare parts, except cases mentioned above;
- potent, poisonous, radioactive, explosive substances, other items that may damage health or threaten the lives of people and wildlife, or lead to infection, destruction of the environment;
- printed material, clichés, negatives, shot films, photographs, reels of film, video recordings, copies of magnetic information for computers, manuscripts, records and other sound recordings, drawings, other printed and pictorial materials that contain propaganda of ideas of war, racism, racial discrimination and genocide, and other contravening the corresponding norms of the Constitution of Ukraine;
- items (goods), export of which is prohibited under the laws of Ukraine;
- items (goods), import of which is carried out with violation of industrial or intellectual property rights.
- food products without a certificate of conformity, which are sent by international mail shipments.
Export beyond the customs territory of Ukraine of the following is prohibited:
- items (goods), which are subsidized by the state, except for personal belongings;
- precious metals, jewels and articles made of them, cultural values for the purpose of sale;
- potent, poisonous, radioactive, explosive substances, other items that may damage health or threaten the lives of people and wildlife, or lead to destruction of the environment; nullified securities.
Items (goods), which are subject to veterinary, environmental, sanitary or phytosanitary control, are allowed to be passed after exercising such control by corresponding services.
Items prohibited for transit through the customs territory of Ukraine:
- weapons and ammunition of all types, military equipment;
- aircraft, spare parts for them, devices and equipment for them;
- tools and machines designed for manufacturing of weapons, ammunition of all kinds, and aircraft, spare parts for them;
- radioactive items and substances;
- potent, poisonous, radioactive, explosive substances, other items that may damage health or threaten the lives of people and wildlife, or lead to destruction of the environment;
- items (goods) that are prohibited for import to Ukraine in accordance with Ukrainian legislation.
Audio and video materials
The procedure of data carrier transportation is regulated by order of the State Customs Committee of Ukraine of 22 August 1994 № 99/252. This order approved the Regulations “On the procedure of transportation across the state border of Ukraine of text, audio and audiovisual materials”. It is the principal interagency document that defines a common procedure of transportation across the customs border of publications, manuscripts, scientific and technical products, originals and copies of personal documents, audiovisual materials, photographs, films, documentary photographs by government agencies, citizens’ associations, enterprises, organizations of all forms of ownership, as well as citizens of Ukraine and foreign countries.
Examination of information is carried out to prevent transportation across the state border of the following:
- information that is protected by laws of Ukraine “On State Secret”, “On information”, as well as other information which is classified as state secret according to the decision of government experts on secrets;
- materials which contain calls to forced coup or a change of government and social system, violations of the territorial integrity, state sovereignty and security of Ukraine, war propaganda, violence and cruelty, racial, ethnic or religious exceptionality or intolerance, incitement to commit penal offences;
- materials which contain descriptions of methods of manufacturing and use of drugs and potent poisonous substances;
- production of pornographic and vulgar content.
In case the data carriers presented to the Customs contain information that is not intended for general distribution, they must be accompanied by additional permissions.
Citizens should submit the data carriers for check in advance. During the checking procedure the owner fills in two copies of the customs declaration form MD-4, where they indicate the number and type of carriers, their passport information, destination (country), and confirms the absence of forbidden information on them.
The term of inspection is determined by the number and type of the data carrier. Upon completion of the checking procedure, the inspector imposes customs security on them (seals, signets, etc.), and marks the results of the checking procedure in the declaration MD-4.
One copy of the completed declaration is given to the owner of the data carrier together with the checked carriers. Period of validity of this declaration is one year.
Customs service at the airport
(+380 57) 252-91-65
(+380 57) 252-01-75