According to results of 2013 International airport “Kharkiv” served 605 000 passengers, up 21% compared to the prior year. In whole over the past 5 years the airport has demonstrated stable annual increase of passenger traffic by an average 20-30%.
Most of carriages (87%) were international ones (more then 526 000 passengers in 2013). Particularly, in December 2013 the traffic in International airport “Kharkiv” was 43 000 passengers, among them 37 600 passengers used services of international flights and 5 600 – of domestic ones. The whole quantity of flights in 2013 was 4809, in December of the prior year – 384, among them 261 international and 123 domestic flights.
2013 for International airport “Kharkiv” was marked by a range of achievements:
– opening of a modern multilevel Air Traffic Control Centre (an initiator and project monitor is the Ukrainian State Air Traffic Service Enterprise (UkSATSE);
– certification of a runway for the ICAO’s second category (ILS CAT II), that permits to use the runway under adverse weather conditions;
– start of cooperation with one of the leading low-cost airlines WizzAir and launching of direct regular low-cost flights from Kharkiv to Warsaw (Poland) and Kutaisi (Georgia);
– launching of a base air company – Kharkiv Airlines, that has started to operate flights from Kharkiv to Antalya (Turkey), Heraklion (Greece), Monastir (Tunisia), Hurghada and Sharm-El-Sheikh (both Egypt);
– launching of direct regular flights from Kharkiv to Baku (Azerbaijan) and Erevan (Armenia) (the flights are operated by UTair Ukraine Airlines);
– launching of new seasonal flights to Athens, Monastir, Rodos, Podgorica;
– launching of the second daily flight between Kharkiv and Moscow (Sheremetyevo) (Aeroflot airlines);
– opening of ground handling service General Aviation, that provides services for business aviation;
– also the airport has suggested new services:
– free transfers from Belgorod, Dnepropetrovsk, Poltava to International airport “Kharkiv” and back;
– ticket offices where you can buy different airport services;
– fare-setting on flights of some airlines (e.g. flight between Kharkiv and Kyiv operated by UTair, its round trip ticket price is 990 UAH, incl. taxes and charges).